You’ve heard of Crumbl cookies right? Have you discovered the Crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookie yet?
If not you’ll want to make these yummy treats at home, and we’ve got the perfect snickerdoodle cookie recipe. It’s easy to make and we’re show you how, step by step!
A cinnamon sugar cookie with a melt in your mouth cream cheese frosting, these amazing cookies will disappear fast!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Convenient! – No need to go to the Crumbl cookie store to get your snickerdoodle cookie fix.
- Batch-Friendly! – The recipe makes 9 cookies, but feel free to double or triple it. Freeze the extras for a special treat later or to give as a holiday homemade food gift.
- Chewy & Flavorful! – With warm spices and a soft, pillowy texture, this decadent crumbl cookie not only taste amazing, they will be sure to impress!
Find the ingredients to make this Crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookie recipe at your local grocery store:
- Flour: Try to use organic unbleached flour, it really makes a difference.
- Large Egg: The glue that holds your muffins together.
- White and Brown Sugar: So your muffins are deliciously sweet with golden brown tops. We use dark brown sugar for those rich, caramel notes.
- Unsalted butter: To make sure every bite is moist and delicious.
- Baking Powder:
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking soda: Helps your muffins rise.
- Baking Powder:
- Corn starch
- Ground Cinnamon: Brings the cozy vibes. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves – basically fall in a jar.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
Equipment you will need.
We’ve listed everything below to make it easier for you to purchase!
- cookie sheet
- different sizes of mixing bowls
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- piping bag and large star tip
- parchment paper
- plastic wrap
- kitchen scale
How to make Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies
Follow these simple instructions to make these delicious snickerdoodle cookies. Check the recipe card below for exact detailed instructions.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. These are your wet ingredients.
Add in the flour, corn starch, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Mix well on medium speed
Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, make 9 cookie balls from the cookie dough batter
For the cinnamon sugar topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside
Roll the cookie balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
Place each cinnamon sugar coated cookie dough ball on your prepared baking sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass or similar flat-bottom object, flatten the dough Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Until soft and chewy in the center so do not overbake.
Mix up the frosting while the cookies are cooling
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until smooth.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip – we used 2D.
Starting in the center of the cookie, pipe a continuous spiral of frosting on top of the cookie, stopping just inside the edge so the jagged rim of the cookie is still visible.
Sprinkle with additional cinnamon to garnish.
Expert Snickerdoodle Cookie baking tips
Follow these expert tips for the best Copycat Crumbl Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies:
- Measure your ingredients, especially the flour and white and brown sugars using a kitchen scale. Too much flour will ruin the recipe.
- Mix the ingredients well: Mix the wet and dry ingredients in a stand mixer if you have one. A hand mixer is fine too, just be careful as the batter will become very stiff.
- Room Temp: Make sure your eggs and unsalted butter are at room temperature
- Oven Know-How: Is your oven fast or slow? If yours runs hot, cut the baking time by 2-3 minutes. And always use a preheated oven.
- Fresh is Best: Check your baking ingredients are fresh and not expired!
- Best Recipe: Follow the instructions exactly to make sure your snickerdoodle cookies are top-notch.
- Extras: Don’t worry if your first few attempts at piping the cream cheese frosting aren’t exactly like the images. Practice makes perfect right?
How to serve
Cookies and milk anyone? These delicious cookies are so awesome you could serve them instead of birthday cake, or for a celebration at work! Maybe send some along with your child to their special teacher.
How to store
You can store your delicious cookies in an air-tight container for a few days, and freeze them for up to three months.
Here are some of the questions people have asked me about making homemade snickerdoodle cupcake cookies:
How do I decorate my snickerdoodle cookies with cream cheese frosting?
We used a large star tip for this recipe, a similar tip or round tip would also work.
We do recommend using a piping bag for this recipe. We’ve include listings for both below so that you can order them right away!
Why are Crumbl cookies so popular?
Dessert trends come and go, but Crumbl cookies have many flavors, are unique in design with the pillowy centers and creamy decorative frosting.
What is the most liked Crumbl cookie flavor?
Some of the most popular flavors are milk chocolate chip cookie and birthday cake
Where did I get my inspiration for this recipe?
I love to make copycat recipes at home. I love the challenge, and when they are easy as this recipe, I love to share with all of you! Crumbl cookie recipes are very popular right now, and I think this is the best snickerdoodle cookie out there with all of that classic snickerdoodle flavor.
You can still print the recipe, or even better, bookmark the post to look at it later!
Want more cookie recipes?
We’ve got a Back to School cookie roundup right here.
When it comes to great cookie recipes, check out these:
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Ranger Cookies
- McDonald’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
Could this be the best CRUMBL (copycat) Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe?
Freshly baked and decorated, our Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookie recipe is just so good. You will love the sweet combination of cinnamon, brown sugar and cream cheese. This is a chewy cookie that will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
THANKS SO MUCH for following and being part of the Pie Lady Bakes community! We’re all about sharing easy-to-make vintage recipes that remind us of the ones our moms and grandmas used to make.
If you haven’t already, you can sign up for my weekly email newsletter using this link. It’s absolutely free, and you’ll never miss out on any of my new recipes.
See you soon!
If you’ve made these delicious CRUMBL Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Be sure to give us a 5-star rating!
Meet the crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookie: a simple yet delicious blend of snickerdoodle and cupcake flavors. These cookies have a soft, cake-like interior, complemented by a classic cinnamon-sugar topping. Easy to make and sure to please, they're a tasty twist on two beloved treats.
- ½ c unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 ½ c flour
- 2 T corn starch
- ¼ t cream of tartar
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ½ t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 T. unsalted butter, softened
- ½ t vanilla
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Switch the mixer attachment to the paddle. Add in the flour, corn starch, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and the mixture is crumbly but presses together.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the coating. Set aside.
- Divide the cookie dough into 9 equal size balls. Round in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
- Place each cinnamon sugar coated cookie dough ball on your baking sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass or similar flat-bottom object, flatten the dough until it is about ¾ of an inch thick. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. The cookies should be soft and chewy in the center so do not overbake.
- Allow to cool while making the frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip - we used 2D.
- Starting in the center of the cookie, pipe a continuous spiral of frosting on top of the cookie, stopping just inside the edge so the jagged rim of the cookie is still visible.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon to garnish.
- Storage: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or frozen for 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Riccle Disposable Piping Bags 16 Inch - 100 Anti Burst Pastry Icing Bags for Cream Frosting, Cakes and Cookies Decoration
2D Open Star Piping Tip(2pk)
Beyond Good, Madagascar Vanilla Extract, 2 Fl Oz
Cookie Scoop Set
King Arthur Flour Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour - 2 lbs
KitchenAid KP26M1XER 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Empire Red
Good Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 4g
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.