Our Easy Carrot Cake Recipe bakes up beautifully in a 13 X 9 pan. A lightly spiced and moist cake, smothered in yummy cream cheese frosting and is a great recipe for beginner bakers.
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is right up there on the sweetness scale, so we really only need a small piece.
WHAT SIZE OF PAN SHOULD I USE TO BAKE MY CAKE?
Many bakers make a two tier cake, but we want EASY right? And besides, that 13 x 9 pan hasn’t had much use lately has it?
And the 13 x 9 pan means there is lots of cake to share.
So let’s get baking!
Now I will admit that baking a carrot cake takes a little extra prep time to clean and grate carrots, but if you use a small food processor, hardly any time at all?
And that same food processor can be used to chop up your toasted pecans as well.
Not sure what kind of food processor to buy? We can help with our post on how to buy a small food processor!
Bake with me! Follow the recipe exactly. I recommend getting all of the ingredients out first, and measuring them, just like I do in the video. It really helps.
I think you could use either, but my preference is oil. Use a good quality vegetable oil, one that’s fresh. I think it helps to keep your delicious carrot cake moist.
We use a small food processor they are so versatile! But if you don’t have one a box grater works fine too, just a little messier. See our Fast Tip below.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CARROT CAKE.
Time Saver Tip: Buy your carrots already shredded and then just rinse them off and chop them a bit finer.
- Lightly toast the pecans for a rich, nutty flavour in your cake. Place the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Use cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to spice it up! Some recipes call for cloves too, but I find it’s just too strong, but that’s just me.
- Spoon your flour into a measuring cup, and use the exact measurements. This makes sure that air stays in the flour which makes a nice light cake.
- Whisk it all together by hand. You don’t need a mixer for this recipe. Yay!
- Let your butter and cream get really soft before you make the frosting.
- Make your yummy cream cheese frosting while the cake is baking.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
For the Carrot Cake :
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger
- Carrots (link to food processor post)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Powdered (Icing) sugar
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans (link to food processor post)
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe
This is the best carrot cake recipe and I know it will become your favorite too! Just the smell of it baking will make you want to eat it right away! But let it cool, so that you can layer on that amazing cream cheese frosting ok?
If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
Our Top Reader Favorites!
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.