The Best Lemon Brownies (Easy Cake Mix Recipe)
Are you ready for an easy lemon cake recipe? One that is packed with lemon flavor has a chewy brownie-like texture and a yummy lemon glaze?
Then this lemon brownie recipe is just what you need!
I love baking with a box of cake mix. Taking an original recipe and turning it into one of the many easy recipes here at Pie Lady Bakes.
Brownies are a family favorite here at home. My ooey gooey brownies are no exception.
There are lots of great treats you can make with Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix. Bundt Cake recipes are really popular and I had planned to bake an easy lemon bundt cake recipe originally. Full disclosure. But the recipes called for an instant pudding mix like a lemon pudding and I didn’t have one in my pantry!
So we’re baking the best lemon brownies ever. I know you will love them! They make up very quickly, have a delicious lemon glaze and bake up in a 8 x 8 square pan that make these brownies a perfect dessert for this time of year – either a summer BBQ or picnic.
Lemon desserts always taste so fresh and have just the right combination of sweetness and tart.
Tips for making lemon brownies from cake mix recipe…
- Sift the cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Honestly it takes very little time and will give you a ‘bakery style’ quality to any cake mix recipe.
- Make sure the large eggs are at room temperature
- Use a hand mixer to make sure the batter is blended well. If you have a stand mixer, go ahead and use that. I just prefer a smaller electric mixer.
- Bake in the center of the oven starting at the lowest time shown.
You will need the following ingredients
- Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix or Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Lemon zest or lemon extract (I prefer lemon zest because of the natural flavor, but either is fine)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 or 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Start with 2 first, and if the glaze is too thick add a little more. We don’t want the glaze to be too runny.
How to make the Best Lemon Brownies in an 8 x 8 pan…
This is the best Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix Recipe for lemon brownies and I know it will become your favorite too! Next time I bake this I might add some fresh blueberries. If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
Pin it for later!
More awesome lemon recipes…
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Vintage Lemon Freeze Dessert
More from Pie Lady Bakes
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.