Are you ready for an easy lemon cake mix recipe? One that is packed with lemon flavor has a chewy brownie-like texture and a yummy lemon glaze?
Then this lemon brownie recipe is just what you need!
I love baking with a box of cake mix. Taking an original recipe and turning it into one of the many easy recipes here at Pie Lady Bakes. And this is one of my favorite lemon cake mix recipes.
Brownies are a family favorite here at home. My ooey gooey brownies are no exception.
There are lots of great treats you can make with Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix. Bundt Cake recipes are really popular and I had planned to bake an easy lemon bundt cake recipe originally. Full disclosure. But the recipes called for an instant pudding mix like a lemon pudding and I didn’t have one in my pantry!
So we’re baking the best lemon brownies ever. I know you will love them! They make up very quickly, have a delicious lemon glaze and bake up in a 8 x 8 square pan that make these brownies a perfect dessert for this time of year – either a summer BBQ or picnic.
Lemon desserts always taste so fresh and have just the right combination of sweetness and tart. And this is just one of our recipes using lemon cake mix for you to enjoy!
Tips for making lemon brownies from cake mix recipe…
- Sift the cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Honestly it takes very little time and will give you a ‘bakery style’ quality to any cake mix recipe.
- Make sure the large eggs are at room temperature
- Use a hand mixer to make sure the batter is blended well. If you have a stand mixer, go ahead and use that. I just prefer a smaller electric mixer.
- Bake in the center of the oven starting at the lowest time shown.
You will need the following ingredients
- Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix or Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Lemon zest or lemon extract (I prefer lemon zest because of the natural flavor, but either is fine)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 or 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Start with 2 first, and if the glaze is too thick add a little more. We don’t want the glaze to be too runny.
How to make the Best Lemon Brownies in an 8 x 8 pan…
This is the best Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix Recipe for lemon brownies and I know it will become your favorite too! Next time I bake this I might add some fresh blueberries. If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
The easiest recipe, lemon brownies that are chewy and topped with a delicious fresh lemon glaze.
- Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Lemon zest or lemon extract (I prefer lemon zest, but either is fine)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice - fresh squeezed to get the glaze to the right consistency
Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and prepare a 8 x 8 baking pan by spraying it with non stick spray and then lining with parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, lemon zest and oil together and blend well with a hand mixer on low speed, gradually increasing to medium speed, until the batter is well mixed.
Pour the lemon batter into the prepared baking pan, making sure it is spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
Bake for 18 to 25 minutes – starting with 20 minutes and if the top of the brownies are starting to crack it is close to being done.
You don’t want to overbake. The brownies should be a bit chewy and gooey in the center, and not raw. Complicated? Not at all.
Cool the brownies on a wire rack until completely cooled.
While the brownies are cooling, mix up the lemon glaze and then apply to the top of the brownies.
Then using the sides of the parchment paper, lift them out of the pan, and cut into individual lemon bars. You should get 12 bars with this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
Pin it for later!
More awesome lemon recipes…
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Vintage Lemon Freeze Dessert
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.