Creamy rich and lightly spiced, but no one will know this amazing recipe is for a gluten free pumpkin pie! Yes it is?! How could gluten free taste so good, you ask?
Well pumpkin pie is a must for the holidays, and if there is someone in your family that is gluten intolerant but loves pumpkin pie, then this recipe is perfect for you.
You will save the day and their holidays with this easy to make delicious and decadent gluten free pumpkin pie.
And we’ve got some baking tips too! If you follow the recipe tips I’ve listed for you in this post, your pumpkin pie top will never crack again. I promise.
You will need: one 9″ gluten free pie crust, 1 can pumpkin puree, ginger, cinnamon, sugar, eggs, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, nutmeg, whipping cream and some pecan halves to garnish. That’s it!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe. This is our Best Pumpkin Pie recipe!
Pumpkin pie season is here and while I’m not one, many folks simply can’t tolerate gluten or wheat in their diets. My regular pumpkin pie recipe includes a heaping tablespoon of flour in it, so I wanted to create a gluten free pumpkin pie recipe that everyone could enjoy.
Not only is this amazing pie gluten free, it’s full of rich, creamy flavor. That’s the beauty of creating homemade desserts too. You know that you are putting real food into the recipe, not chemically laden foods.
We have several pumpkin pie recipes on the blog now so be sure to check them out!
My daughter has Celiac Disease and it is a very serious condition. Thankfully there are many, many gluten-free alternatives today. Gluten free is definitely mainstream.
This Simple Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe is not only lovely to look at – it tastes amazing. Very rich and creamy, and made with my gluten free pie crust recipe, it’s the bomb!
The original recipe came from a label off a can of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk, and I’ve tweaked it a bit just for you .
- one 9″ gluten-free pie crust – unbaked
- one 14 oz/398ml can pumpkin (unsweetened)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- one-half tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 salt
- Garnish: whipped cream and pecan halves
TIPS FOR PERFECT GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN PIE
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C
- In a large bowl combine the filling ingredients and mix well. I use a small handheld mixer, but be careful. Pumpkin pie filling will spray all over the place!
- Next, pour the filling into the gluten free pie crust shell. You can make your own – using gluten free flours or buy one frozen and already prepared. There are some quality prepared pie crusts in grocery stores now!
- Follow all of the ingredients carefully.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425F/220C and then reduce your oven temperature to 350F/180C and bake 25-30 minutes.
- THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART! For the final 10-15 minutes, turn the oven off and leave your pie inside. This will prevent the gluten free pumpkin pie from overcooking or having the filling will ‘crack’ around the edges.
- Finally, cool and garnish with whipped cream and pecan halves.
- Make sure you place any leftovers in the refrigerator. I find pumpkin pie will keep about a week if kept cold.
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
I think this pie is so delicious. I almost prefer it to my other pumpkin pie recipes! This simple gluten free pumpkin pie recipe makes a beautiful dessert, safe for those who suffer from celiac disease or just can’t tolerate gluten in their diets. Yay!!! You could also serve it with your favorite non-dairy topping, or if dairy isn’t an issue, a wonderful french vanilla ice cream. This pie is perfect for the holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or just because you want to celebrate the harvest with an exquisite pumpkin pie. Anyway, gluten free or not, this pie will be a huge hit with your family and friends!
And if you love it as much as I do, please give it a 5 star review in the recipe card below.