Our easy peanut butter cookie recipe is just what you need to get some of that cozyness going in your life.
When I think about peanut butter cookies, I think about my sister, and it’s a cozy feeling all over. Cathy loves soft peanut butter cookies, and we used to bake them together.
I’ll bet there are hundreds of different recipes for peanut butter cookies. Probably thousands! Some use whole wheat flour, gluten free flours, brown sugar, white sugar, honey. Some have mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Some use creamy peanut butter and some use crunchy peanut butter. See what I mean?
But today we’re baking a peanut butter cookie recipe without brown sugar. The recipe uses simple ingredients and most folks have white sugar in their pantry. We want this to be super easy. Do you keep your own baker’s pantry stocked so you can bake when the mood hits?
Be sure to check out How To Set Up a Baker’s Pantry and get a free printable!
This is a classic peanut butter cookie that just melts in your mouth, the peanut butter flavor is the best! The fork marks on the top of the cookies give me major food nostalgia, just like Mom used to make.The recipe makes about 30 cookies, so lots to enjoy and share!
And this is also an easy cookie recipe, you can make them up in no time at all.
Tips for making these amazing peanut butter cookies…
- Sift the flour, it only takes a couple of minutes and it’s so worth it!
- Let your eggs and butter get to room temperature
- Use natural peanut butter – it doesn’t have added sugar
- Any natural brand of peanut butter will work.
- Substitute almond butter for peanut butter for a sweet nutty flavor
- No time to bake right away? Wrap the peanut butter cookie dough in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredients you will need
- 1 cup sugar, + 1/4 cup additional to roll cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1 cup smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour (sifted)
How to make the best peanut butter cookies without brown sugar – Step by Step Process Shots
Want more cookies?
This is our absolute favorite peanut butter cookie, but we have lots more cookie recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chewy Old fashioned Sugar Cookies
- Ranger Cookies (Cowboy Cookies)
These are the best peanut butter cookies and I know it will become your favorite too! You can never have too many easy cookie recipes. If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
Pin it for later!
More Vintage Recipes…
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.