Not only is this Apple Pie Bread so easy to make, it’s addictive! Sweet juicy apples, brown sugar and cinnamon peek in and out of this light crumbly bread. In fact you will want to double the batch so that you have two loaves of this amazing apple bread.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SWEET QUICK BREAD
One of the most asked questions I get is “what are the best apples for apple pie“.
So even though we aren’t baking a pie, since this is Apple Pie Bread let’s dive in.
Choose your favourite apples, what’s in season or that are in your crisper waiting to be eaten! I love to combine Gala or Paula Red with Granny Smiths & Empires. Your choice!
Be careful not to overmix your ingredients.
Like muffins, quick breads need a light hand. It’s ok to use a mixer to cream sugar, butter and eggs, but stir the flour and baking powder in by hand until mostly blended.
Use a Loaf Pan and line it with aluminum foil for easy clean up, and getting this yummy bread out of the pan!
You can use dark or light brown sugar. Dark brown sugar has more molasses in it, and Demerara Brown Sugar has larger grains, so that it’s crunchier in baking.
I like to use it for toppings, especially in Apple Crisp or Dutch Apple Pie.
If you can wait, let your apple bread cool on a wire rack before you slice it.
Time Saver Tip: I use our amazing Freezer Apple Pie Filling! (NB: If you use our Freezer Apple Pie Filling, you won’t need the chopped apples, brown sugar or cinnamon)
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE APPLE BREAD
- Chopped Apples or (Freezer apple pie filling)
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Butter (if you use unsalted then add ¼ tsp salt)
- Whole milk or cream
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST APPLE PIE BREAD
- Get out a package of freezer apple pie filling to thaw (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Cream the sugar and butter with your mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla
- Add the flour and baking powder, and stir by hand until blended.
- Place half the batter in the bottom of a prepared loaf pan.
- Add half of the apple mixture, and lightly press it into the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter on top of the first layer of apple mixture and smooth out lightly.
- Top with the rest of the apple mixture
- And bake at 375F/190C for 55 to 65 minutes, depending on your oven.
This is the best apple bread recipe and I know it will become your favorite too! If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!