This Easy Cherry Pie Bars Recipe is the perfect sweet treat for potlucks, picnics and BBQs.
It’s a delicious dessert that you can make in a 9 X 13 pan (and we’ve got a great one with a lid in the printable recipe card below!)
So if you’re looking for an easy cherry bars recipe to share this summer let’s get to it! The cherry lovers in your life will thank you. 🙂
Ingredients you will need:
- Powdered sugar
- All purpose flour
- Large eggs at room temperature
- Cherry pie filling
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
Now we make our cherry pie bars in a 9 x 13 pan. There are two reasons for this.
I don’t own a jelly roll pan! I haven’t needed one yet, and everyone has a 9 X 13 pan.
I love my 9 X 13 pan because it has a snap on lid – a perfect airtight container for travelling to that picnic!
5 tips for making the best cherry pie bars
- You can serve your Cherry Pie Bars at room temperature – no need to refrigerate! (but don’t leave them out in the sun either – 🙂
- Bake the bars until they are a golden brown on top
- Use a large bowl when you cream the butter with your electric mixer so that there’s lots of room for the dry ingredients
- Spoon the bottom crust into a prepared pan. You can line your pan with parchment paper too, but I find the old fashioned way to grease and flour the cake pan works best
- Cool the bars completely on a wire rack before adding the Glaze
Serve your bars with a big ole scoop of ice cream! A yummy dessert without all the fuss of baking fruit pies.
Mainly because room temperature eggs mix better in the batter and will contribute the rise when baking in the oven.
This recipe calls for canned cherry pie filling. You could adapt the recipe next time by using fresh or frozen cherries to make your own pie filling, but please be prepared for the extra time that will take.
Make sure you spread the dough evenly across the bottom of the pan. Also check with a wooden pick when the baking time is up. It should come out clean. Cherry Pie Bars are best refrigerated after the glaze has been added to the top.
Time Saver Tip:
Get all of your ingredients ready before you bake. Take the time however to sift your flour (you will be so glad you did!)
Other cherry recipes
These Cherry Bars are so easy to make
This is the best cherry pie bars recipe and I know it will become your favorite too! If you love it as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
More from Pie Lady Bakes
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.