This scrumptiously super EASY no bake grasshopper pie with cool whip is so light and fluffy – In addition to the delicious Cool Whip, there is Cream Cheese, Oreos & Crème de Menthe!
With a smooth minty chocolate-y taste, folks will ask for seconds. Think mint chocolate chip ice cream! Did I say it was easy to make? Yayssss!!!
And just for fun, there’s a great YouTube video for you to enjoy below!
I promise you this recipe is so easy it will only take about 20 minutes tops to put the pie together, then toss it in the freezer until you are ready to serve! And we’ve got lots of Easy Dessert Recipes for you to enjoy here at YCLROL/Pie Lady Bakes!
This recipe was originally published in August 2015, and updated January 15, 2019.
You will need: oreo cookies, cool whip, sweetened condensed milk, unsalted butter, cream cheese, creme de menthe, and creme de cacao.
GRASSHOPPER PIE FROM THE 60’S BACKSTORY
I love to find these vintage dessert recipes when searching through my Mom’s and Grandma’s recipes. This Super Easy No Bake Grasshopper Pie with Cool looks gorgeous doesn’t it?
First launched in the 60’s, this recipe is definitely a classic. This was one of those old fashioned dessert recipes that moms everywhere took to bridge club, neighborhood potlucks, and church suppers.
Do you remember marshmallow and jellied salads? Yep I know you do!
Mom always had a jellied salad, and something with marshmallows in it for all of her dinners. Well this No Bake Grasshopper Pie from the 60’s is just like that.
Creating these awesome recipes from the past is so much fun. The best part is that it gives you a chance to share with your family.
Now the 60’s is definitely going back a ways – well maybe not for me, but I’m sure for others! This would definitely be an early 60’s throwback, definitely before the Beatles and bell bottoms!
This past weekend we were invited to have lunch with our friends, Tony and Shelly. Shelly offered to groom the dogs, so I wanted to be sure to take something sweet.
I know for a fact that Tony loves pie, and I’ve been wanting to make this No Bake Grasshopper Pie with Cool Whip , so this was the perfect opportunity.
I knew I could whip it up Sunday morning and it would be ready to take long before we had to leave! That’s how quickly you can make it.
My grasshopper pie recipe uses cream cheese blended with sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip – I love the rich texture of it.
And the combination of both creme de menthe and creme de cacao give it a unique taste don’t you think? I add just a few drops of green food coloring to get that gorgeous mint green color.This scrumptiously super EASY no bake grasshopper pie is so light and fluffy – full of delicious Cool Whip, Cream Cheese, Oreos & Crème de Menthe!
There are lots and lots of grasshopper pie recipes out there, with different permutations and combinations!
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER KINDS OF GRASSHOPPER PIE RECIPES?
- grasshopper pie using creme de menthe & marshmallow
- grasshopper pie with cool whip & cream cheese (our recipe in this post!)
- grasshopper pie with Andes Mints – yummy!!
- non alcoholic grasshopper pie (our recipe uses Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cacao but you can just leave them out and use the green food colouring!)
YOU MAY NEED…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of You Can Live Rich On Less/Pie Lady Bakes!
I always keep a stack of these deep dish aluminum pie plates on hand. They are perfect for taking a homemade food gift to a friend!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE….
If you want more No Bake Recipes like our Grasshopper Pie with Cool Whip – Be sure to check out Iced Coffee and Cream Pie, and our Apple Pie Lasagna is out of this world! And these amazing recipes too!
- Homemade Meat Pie – Instant Pot Recipe!
- Hearty Apple Muffins
- Our Family Favorite Quiche Recipe!
- A Chocolate & Raspberry Tart
- Cherry Tarts with a lovely Almond Glaze
The recipe is so easy. Allow about an hour for total prep time – including the 20 minutes the filling has to chill.
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT GRASSHOPPER PIE WITH COOL WHIP
- Crush the cookies using your food processor, and add the melted butter
- Press firmly into your greased 9” pie plate and chill while you are making the filling.
- (TIP: make sure your pie plate has a wide rim on it or use a deep dish pie plate. I used an aluminum foil pie plate since I’m still at the trailer)
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy (tip: make sure the cream cheese is really soft)
- Gradually add in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth
- Stir in the lemon juice and the liqueurs – (tip: I used a whisk to really mix it well – the cream cheese tends to be a bit lumpy)
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Chill the filling for 20 minutes before you build your pie.
You can freeze the leftovers – maybe make a milkshake? I’m really interested to hear if anyone tries this – be sure to let me know in the comments below!
Have fun with this and have the best day.
Building the pie:
- Pour the filling into the cookie pie crust and smooth the top with some swirls with your knife.
- Put in the fridge for 4 hours until it is set.
Sprinkle crushed cookies over the top and serve.
HOW TO MAKE GRASSHOPPER PIE WITH COOL WHIP
But wouldn’t it be fun to serve this amazing No Bake Grasshopper Pie with Cool Whip this weekend? That’s what this post is all about. Helping you rock your next meal with the FAM. With lots and lots of time leftover for you!
This post will take you step-by-step. And be sure to print some extra copies of the recipe. Coz you will want to have it ready to give it to your friends when they ask for it!
Trust me, they will ask.
If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating.