Strawberry Cake Donuts dipped in strawberry glaze are a cross between a yummy strawberry cake and an old fashioned donut.
You know the ones I mean? That your mom or grandma used to fry up and then dip in sugar?
So if you’re looking for a delightful strawberry recipe, that’s not your typical strawberry shortcake (so delicious I know!) Then please stick around. I promise you will love this recipe!
You will need: flour, strawberries, sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, kosher salt, canola oil, evaporated milk, vinegar, baking soda, light brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, pure vanilla extract, a donut pan for baking. Full ingredient list in the recipe.
Homemade Donuts Memories
Now I’ve been talking about making homemade donuts for months. Seriously. I even bought my donut pan at Christmas! (Hint: If you are heading to get one – buy the 20 donut pan shown below)
Strawberry donuts are just so pretty! All that lovely pink strawberry glaze covering a dense cake like donut that sweet with strawberries.
There was a time when you had to wait for strawberry season to make delicious desserts with those juicy plump berries.
But today we eat strawberries year round. If you love strawberries as much as I do, be sure to check out my other great strawberry dessert recipes!
THAT COZY FEELING
Homemade donuts are part of my childhood. Grandma would make them in the summer, when she would get the deep fryer out and cook in her summer porch.
The smells were amazing, and once cooled, these amazing little cakes were dredged in sugar and cinnamon. Almost like you get at the country fairs in summertime!
Homemade donuts are very hygge to me.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE BEST STRAWBERRY CAKE DONUTS
- Grease your donut pan well, even if its no stick
- Be sure to only fill 2/3 full with batter or you’ll end up with muffins
- Follow the directions exactly
- Let the donuts cool completely before dipping in the strawberry glaze
- Use the right amount of powdered sugar for the glaze – we don’t want strawberry soup!
Can you make the donuts without a donut pan?
- well you can but not sure why you would, the pan streamlines the process and you get the same size and shape for each one.
Can you deep fry strawberry donuts instead of baking them?
YOU MAY NEED….
I just love this donut pan by Wilton. It has 20 sections, so is really ideal. You can make almost two dozen donuts at once and it’s completely non stick. This one is recommended and has 5 star reviews!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE….
Easy recipes are a part of every good cooks toolbox. You want something that’s quick to put together, but also a recipe that delivers the WOW factor when served. I think you will enjoy these:
- Caramel & Chocolate Mousse in Puff Pastry – we take frozen puff pastry and make a delicious caramel mousse, fold in big chunks of Heath bars, and drizzle with chocolate.
- Chocolate Cake – this is an old fashioned chocolate fudge cake, with a rich buttercream frosting. For fun we stuffed it with gooey chocolate caramels!
- Grasshopper Pie – We whip up cool whip, creme de menthe, sweetened condensed milk and pile it on an oreo cookie pie crust, and sprinkle crushed oreo cookies overall.
- Instant Pot Cheesecake – We have a few of these recipes but my favorite for summer is our Mint Chocolate IP Cheesecake. Once you make your cheesecakes in a pressure cooker, you’ll never go back!
THE BEST HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY DONUTS
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt, kosher
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 3/4 cup strawberries, finely chopped divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oil, evaporated milk, vanilla, and eggs
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until combined, add vinegar, and mix thoroughly being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in ½ cup strawberries.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan
- Using a piping bag or freezer bag with a 1" opening, pipe the filling into the pan
- Fill molds three-quarters full and bake about 12 minutes
Strawberry Frosting Recipe:
- Mix together remaining ¼ cup strawberries, powdered sugar, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, mixing until you have a thick paste - you may need either more powdered sugar or lemon juice.
- Place doughnuts on a cooling rack and with parchment paper underneath, spread glaze on tops.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
More Delicious Strawberry Desserts!
Pin it for later!
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.