Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake. Creamy, delicious.
Think Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Only way better!
And since it’s July, it’s really too hot to get the oven going, even with air conditioning! 🙂 So I’ve been doing some research into cheesecake recipes using my new Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake is adapted from a basic cheesecake recipe I found on This Old Gal. This website also has some great tips on cooking with an Instant Pot.
If you are looking for more great Instant Pot Recipes, you might also like our roundup of Best Instant Pot Recipes and we even made Tourtiere in the Instant Pot!
Have you heard about the Instant Pot? I hadn’t until just recently. It’s a pressure cooker, crock pot, steamer, rice cooker and yoghurt maker all wrapped up into one. Yup. A pretty amazing machine. Now we have just about every cooking gadget there is, but I was intrigued, and so headed out to our local big box store to see what all the fuss was about.
This easy dessert recipe uses an Instant Pot to make the most scrumptious, creamy & decadent Mint Chocolate Cheesecake ever!
In addition to your Instant Pot, you will need a 7″ springform pan and some parchment paper. It’s really important to fully grease your pan and that also includes the parchment paper. That way your beautiful Mint Chocolate Cheesecake will easily slide out.
I’ve included the short video posted to our facebook page Easy as Pie Recipes & More.
The results? Well, you be the judge! I’m pretty sure this is the only way I’m making a cooked cheesecake from now on.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup crushed Mint Oreo Cookies
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 pkgs, 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Creme de Menthe
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3/8 cup whipping cream, 35% fat
- Heaving Chocolate Sundae Sauce
- Chocolate Peppermint cups
- Crush the Mint Oreo Cookies in a food processor until crushed, add melted butter and sugar blend well
- Press into your 7" spring form pan, that has been well greased and lined with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Press up the sides just a bit
- Put in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- With your handmixer, blend the cream cheese, sugar, creme de menthe and lemon zest until creamy.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, blending lightly.
- Add the cream, and blend this by hand, just until it disappears
- Pour the cream cheese filling onto the crust
Getting the Instant Pot Ready
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pot
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot
- Put the cheesecake on top of the trivet inside the pot
- lay a piece of paper towel on top and lightly put a piece of aluminum foil on top of that
- Close the pot and make sure the vent is set to 'seal'
- Set the timer for Pressure cooking High for 40 minutes with a Natural Release of 15 minutes
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot and let it sit on the trivet for one hour, keeping it covered
- Refrigerate overnight before garnishing
- Pour your favorite chocolate sundae sauce around the top edge of the cheesecake. It will run down the sides and pool in the middle.
- I piled extra Mint Oreo Cookie crumbs in the middle, and added whole and chopped Chocolate Mint Cups.
More recipes to enjoy!
Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake
A rich and delicious Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake Recipe with a thick Chocolate Frosting, mixes up in one bowl, and looks beautiful when baked in a Bundt Pan. So easy, yet so very good, this cake has BIG Chocolate flavor.
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
This old fashioned rice pudding recipe in the slow cooker is so creamy and easy to make, uses Arborio rice and raisins, and is THE Ultimate Comfort Food! Be sure to double the recipe though, coz it won’t last long!
Super Easy No Bake Grasshopper Pie | a 60's Treat!
This scrumptiously super EASY no bake grasshopper pie from the 60's is so light and fluffy – full of delicious Cool Whip, cream cheese, Oreos and Crème de Menthe! With a smooth minty chocolate-y taste, folks will ask for seconds. Think mint chocolate chip ice cream! NOTE: Cook Time shown is actually 4 hours to chill in the refrigerator.
Apple Pie Muffins
A moist but light muffin, packed full of fresh apples and loaded with flavor!
Apple Pie Cheesecake Lasagna
Nothing says Fall Harvest like a delicious Apple Pie Lasagna. We love all the apple desserts! Apple pies, Apple Crisp, Apple Pan Dowdy, Apple tarts, apple galettes, and apple cakes and muffins! So easy to make and it will disappear in seconds!
Easy Recipe for Lemon Loaf Cake
a richly flavored lemon loaf cake - almost like pound cake with a creamy vanilla frosting.
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
a delicious and easy key lime recipe that is quick to put together and cooks on top of the stove. Perfect for RV life and travel!
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.
St Patricks Day Recipes | Instant Pot Resources
Thursday 28th of February 2019
[…] (Green) Mint Chocolate Cheesecake-Pie Lady Bakes […]