If you’ve been craving a delicious key lime pie then you’ve arrived at the right place!
This easy recipe is perfect for first time bakers and pie lovers alike. Our recipe includes a yummy graham cracker crust and fresh key lime juice. And we show you how to use bottled key lime juice that you can get at your grocery store.
Key Lime Pie was invented by a Key West, South Florida cook, called Aunt Sally and there are many recipe variations out there. This yummy pie is usually made in a graham cracker crust, and our version is a stove top key lime pie filling that includes egg yolks, condensed milk, and fresh key lime juice.
Did you know that Key Lime Pie is the official state pie of Florida? So the next time you are visiting, be sure to order up a whole pie for your family to enjoy? 🙂
Some are topped with whipped cream, and others have delicate golden brown meringue topping. But for this no bake easy key lime pie recipe, we’ll stick to the whipped cream topping!
Now you know I love to bake and whipping up a graham cracker crust is easy to do. But you can also use a ready made pie crust there are so many amazing ones available now. A friend of mine swears by a ready made shortbread crust!
And instead of fresh key limes, there is always ✅ Nellie and Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice . After all, this is an Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe! We do have a convection oven in our trailer that works really well, but I wanted to see if I could create a Key Lime Pie filling made the same way I make my Lemon Meringue Pie – on top of the stove.
So let’s get started with your Key Lime Pie!
Tips for making this amazing no bake pie
- The ingredients for my easy key lime pie recipe are similar, however instead of corn starch that is the thickener for lemon pie – we use sweetened condensed milk and it’s the combination of this and the lime juice that causes the filling to thicken.
- Cook on medium to low heat and stir constantly
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks first until they are really creamy, then gradually add the key lime juice.
Time Saver Tip:
Double the recipe and enjoy one pie now and freeze the other! Key Lime Pies freeze really well for about two months.
Ingredients you will need:
- Fresh Key Limes
- Graham Crumbs
- White Sugar
- Egg yolks
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Unsalted butter
- Whipping Cream
Want more delicious easy desserts?
I wish I could share a piece of this melt-in-your-mouth real key lime pie right now. OMG it is so good! Here is the recipe, with step-by-step instructions. It is the best key lime pie recipe EVER! If you love it as much as I do, please give it a 5 star rating.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 tbsp key lime zest
Graham cracker crust:
- Put the graham crackers in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Or if you have a food processor crush them in seconds!
- Mix the melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs together
- Spray your pie plate with Pam Baking Spray
- Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the pie plate and bake at 350F for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack
To make the stove top key lime pie filling:
- Separate the eggs into a medium bowl, (TIP: put the egg whites in the freezer!)
- Beat the egg yolks in a large saucepan until thick with medium speed on your mixer.
- Stir in the condensed milk and key lime juice
- Cook on the stove on medium-low, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken. Don’t leave it or it will stick to the pan and we don’t want that to happen!
- Once the filling has thickened, remove from heat and let it cool just a bit. Pour it into the graham cracker crust pie shell and set aside to cool.
- Garnish with Whipped Heavy Cream, Lime Zest and thin slices of fresh lime. This is the very best key lime pie you will ever make!
Garnish: I use thin slices of key limes, along with a sprinkle of lime zest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin it for later!
Join our community!
So happy you are here!
What's your biggest baking challenge?