Do you love tasty desserts but don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen? Consider trying out this easy and delicious strawberry pretzel salad recipe!
This deliciously tangy mix of sweet strawberries, crispy pretzels, and creamy cream cheese is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
It is perfect for any summer occasion or just as a special treat after dinner. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to make – now that’s what we call an efficient dessert!
Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to make this delectable side dish at home.
Ingredients to make this Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
Before starting, head to the grocery store and get all the ingredients you need. You’ll also want a rubber spatula, microwave-safe bowls, and a medium saucepan! A hand electric mixer or stand mixer is also necessary for this recipe.
- Strawberry jello
- Salted crushed pretzels
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Fresh strawberries
How to make the best Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Making the best Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad recipe requires a few simple steps.
1. Prepare ingredients including sweet strawberry jello, salted pretzels, granulated sugar, unsalted butter, cream cheese, cool whip, and fresh strawberries.
2. Melt unsalted butter in a mixing bowl.
3. Crush the pretzels, add the melted butter and sugar, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Press into an even pretzel layer on the bottom of the pan.
5. Combine the jello and boiling water. Mix until the jello is completely dissolved.
6. Put the layer of salty pretzel crust and melted butter in the oven. After baking, allow it to come to room temperature.
8. Use a large bowl, and combine the cream cheese and granulated sugar mixture in a medium speed until light and fluffy.
9. Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
10. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled-down crust in an even cream layer.
11. Pour Jello onto the cream cheese mixture and place sliced strawberries on top in an even layer. You’ll need to refrigerate the pan for 2-4 hours to fully set.
This yummy dessert tastes better when chilled, so make sure the Strawberry Pretzel Salad is chilled before serving. The pretzels will start to go soggy after two to three days, but they will still taste fantastic.
To make the Strawberry Pretzel Salad taste the best, you should choose the freshest and ripest strawberries possible. Also, use real cream cheese to achieve the most appealing fatty flavor and appropriate stickiness.
Also, I recommend using remade whipped topping over homemade whipped cream because the latter will start to degrade after a day or two.
A few popular sides and accompaniments to serve with the strawberry pretzel dessert salad include fresh fruits such as mangoes, blueberries, and raspberries. They’re all rich in vitamin C!
What to serve with Strawberry Pretzel Salad
You can also use creamy sauces like cream cheese frosting or vanilla yogurt.
Crunchy toppings such as graham crackers or pretzels, and nuts or granola for an added nutty flavor also work too! For some decoration, how about edible flowers to make an attractive garnish?
For those looking to mix things up, here are some variations you can make to the original recipe.
- Topping the buttery pretzel crust with Cool Whip and strawberry gelatin makes this recipe a sweet treat.
- Adding crushed pineapple gives it an extra tangy flavor.
- Those who prefer a less sweet take on this dish can try substituting yogurt or sour cream for the Cool Whip and sprinkling some cinnamon over the top.
- Another variation is using lime gelatin instead of strawberry and topping it with a combination of mini marshmallows, chopped almonds, and shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- Adding fresh berries such as blueberries or raspberries to the strawberry-gelatin mix gives this dish a delightful contrast of flavors.
Where did I get my inspiration for this recipe?
I got my inspiration for this Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe from a beloved family member. It is one of my family favorite desserts and so can be yours!
As I was growing up, my Grandma would make it for special occasions like potlucks, holidays and birthdays. She always said that the sweet-tart combination of the strawberries and pretzels was unbeatable.
I have fond memories of eating it every time she made it, so when I decided to recreate her nostalgic recipe, I knew I had to get it just right! I’m so glad I did because now everyone who tries it can experience the same deliciousness that we all loved as kids.
How many calories are in Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
Strawberry Pretzel Salad contains approximately 274 calories per serving. This dish also contains 19g of fat, 2g of protein, and 25g of carbohydrates.
What kind of pretzels are best for Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
When it comes to making Strawberry Pretzel Salad, salted pretzels are the best choice. Salted pretzels offer a savory and salty flavor that pairs well with sweet fruits, like strawberries, for balance.
How long does Strawberry Pretzel Salad last in the fridge?
Strawberry Pretzel Salad has a short shelf life, and you should consume it within 2-3 days of preparation. To ensure maximum freshness, store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can I make Strawberry Pretzel Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Strawberry Pretzel Salad ahead of time! It is a great idea to make it in advance and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Can you freeze Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
It is not recommended to freeze Strawberry Pretzel Salad as the texture can become mushy and unpleasant. You better enjoy it when freshly prepared, so it is best to store any leftovers in a sealed container or bag in the refrigerator.
Can you make your own whipped cream?
I don’t recommend it as you are more likely to end up with a gloopy mess than a light and airy cream. Home-made whipped cream is also less stable than store-bought cream, so any dishes that require the cream to last for some time should avoid using homemade whipped cream.
How to keep the layers of Strawberry Pretzel Salad separate?
To keep the layers of Strawberry Pretzel Salad separate, it is important to chill the dish before serving. This helps to set the cream cheese layer and prevent it from mixing with the strawberry topping.
Do you love strawberry recipes? Here are some more of my favorite ones that you’ll love!
This Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe is a relatively easy pie recipe and can save you a lot of time in the kitchen. Consider this perfect dessert for your next special event or potluck, or even as an extra dish on busy weeknights when you don’t have time to prepare several components from scratch.
Whether you switch up the fruit, play with different textures, or just insist upon being generous with the pretzels, there are endless flavor combinations for you to experiment with your own creation.
So get ready for crunchy summer goodness and tantalizing sweet-and-salty flavors. It’s time to make Strawberry Pretzel Salad!
THANKS SO MUCH for following and being part of the Pie Lady Bakes community where you will find easy dessert recipes that will make everyone feel cozy. Especially you!
If you haven’t already joined, here is the link where you can sign up for my weekly e-mail newsletter. This way, you won’t miss any of my new recipes and it’s absolutely free!
Bye for now!
If you have made this delicious Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe, I would love to hear about it in the comments below and be sure to give it a 5 star rating!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
This easy and delicious Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 6 ounces strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 ½ cups salted pretzels (measure before crushing)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the jello and boiling water. Mix well until the jello has dissolved. Set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor or in a large ziplock bag and using a rolling pin to crush the pretzels.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to the pretzel crumbs and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Press into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow it to come to room temperature before moving on to the next step.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low and combine the cream cheese and granulated mixture until light and fluffy.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold the mixture until the cool whip is thoroughly dispersed.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled down crust, in an even layer. Be sure to spread the mixture all the way to the edge of the pan to avoid any gaps in the mixture. Place the pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Use a measuring cup, pour a small amount of Jello onto the cream cheese mixture. Then, place the strawberry slices on top in an even layer. Gently pour the remaining Jello mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the pan for 2-4 hours to fully set.
- It is best to use premade whipped topping, and not homemade whipped cream because homemade whipped cream will start to break down within a day or two.
- This should keep for 2-3 days, The pretzels will start to get soggy after that, but it will still taste great.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
3 Pack 18/8 Stainless Steel Colander Sieves(5-Quart, 4-Quart and 3-Quart), Mesh Strainer Net Baskets with Handles & Resting Base for Strain, Drain, Rinse or Steam
7-Piece Baking Pan Set, Glass Bakeware Set, Glass Baking Dishes, Glass Loaf Pan with Lids, Glass Pie Plate, 9x13 Roasting Pan, Square Pan, Fridge-to-Oven-Friendly
365 by Whole Foods Market, Whipped Topping Plant Based Non Dairy, 10 Ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.