Chocolate Kahlua Cake:
A chocolate cake with just a hint of somethin, somethin, know what I mean?
Kahlua and cake just go together so perfectly, IMHO.
Some of the best recipes are the ones that you happen upon by accident or are shared by friends.
When someone tells you all about a great dessert, pie or cake they have just made, and you can see the excitement and pride of that accomplishment.
I always ask if they will share the recipe with me, because you know the best part?
There is no need to improve upon their success! And our Kahlua Cake with just a touch of Cayenne pepper will rival any Mexican Chocolate Cake anyday!
Other amazing Chocolate Recipes for you to check out are:
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Buttermilk Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cake!
This recipe was originally published on November 24, 2016 and updated on July 20, 2018, & February 27, 2020.
I ran into a friend from work in the local grocery store, when we were buying our lunch and when we started asking what I was creating for the blog this week, I asked about his baking adventures.
Ben was happy to share he had just made a Mexican Chocolate Cake and that the secret ingredient was cayenne pepper! Whoaa!!
Our Chocolate Rum Truffles are also packing a little heat! So easy to make and a delicious holiday gift!
I substituted Kahlua in place of vanilla for both the cake and the glaze.
I think it gives this Kahlua Chocolate Cake some extra Jazzzz……
Now the cake may be exotic, the process is not, and this entire dessert comes together in about 20 minutes and you only use one bowl. While the cake is baking, you can mix up the kahlua chocolate glaze in a saucepan. Pour it into your nifty bundt cake pan , and Presto! One deeelicious mexican chocolate cake.
Want more chocolate cake? Our mayonnaise cake recipe is to die for and we think it’s the ultimate chocolate chocolate cake!
For a higher cake, try using a smaller or different shaped Bundt pan and adjust baking time accordingly.
For a celebration cake, after you’ve iced the cake, top with chocolate curls.
If you feel like a traditional chocolate cake, simply eliminate the spices.
Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake is an easy to make dessert, richly full of flavor, smoky chocolate goodness and a teeny bit of spice. DELICIOUS!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 425 mL
- 2 cups granulated sugar, 500 mL
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 175 mL, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 7 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 7 mL
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 6 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1 mL
- 1 cup Milk, 250 mL
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 125 mL, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Kahlua, 10 mL
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 60 mL , sifted
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 45 mL
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, 15 mL
- 1/2 cup Milk, 125 mL
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, 60 mL
- 1 tsp Kahlua, 5 mL
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cake: Butter a 10-cup (2.5 L) Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter, eggs and Kahlua.
- Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth (the batter is liquidy).
- Scrape into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 min or until a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 20 min. Invert cake onto a rack set over a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Glaze: Whisk together cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Whisk in milk and corn syrup. Whisking continuously, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, whisking occasionally, for 30 sec until thickened. Whisk in Kahlua.
- Pour over top of cake, letting excess drip down sides. Let cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.