Bakery-Style Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are one of the best ways to start your day. Packed with sweet bananas and chocolate chips, these homemade muffins are a mouthful of goodness.
An easy recipe to throw together, these banana muffins will quickly become your favorite thing for breakfast. And a great addition to your collection of muffin recipes.
These moist muffins are like the banana muffin recipe and the chocolate chip muffin recipe fell in love and lived happily ever after as delicious banana chocolate chip muffins!
So what exactly are bakery style muffins? They are those delicious taller muffins with a crunchy muffin top. In fact, the muffin top makes up most of the entire muffin!
Pull the muffin top off, slather it with butter or your favorite jam and you have muffin perfection.
Why We Love This Recipe
I love anything banana and well chocolate just makes life perfect don’t you think?
- These muffins are not only moist and full of flavor, they make a quick breakfast choice when you’re pressed for time.
- Is it your day to work in the office? Double the batch and take a dozen to work. The crowd will go wild!
How to make the best bakery style banana chocolate chip muffins
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Grease the muffin pan
Spray or line 1 jumbo muffin pan and place it close to your baking workspace.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients in a bowl
In a large mixing bowl mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and mix just until combined. Use a whisk to mix it all up. I personally like chunks of bananas in my muffins, but if you don’t, mix until smooth.
Step 4: Mix the dry ingredients
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 5: Combine the wet and dry ingredients
Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the wet ingredients and stir only until mixed.
Step 6: Add the batter to the muffin tin
Using a cookie scoop or large spoon (a ¼ measuring cup works really well!) pour the muffin batter into each muffin cup, filling until full.
Step 7: Bake
Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Step 8: Cool
Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before you take them out and place them on a separate cooling rack. Just a note of caution – you won’t be able to resist the heavenly aroma and will likely eat one before they cool!
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze in a zippered freezer bag!
Ingredients you will need
Simple ingredients to create delicious muffins! Works perfectly every time!
Tips for making the best bakery style chocolate chip muffins
- Use a jumbo muffin tin. This recipe makes 12 large muffins or 6 jumbo muffins.
- Use frozen bananas! Whenever those bananas ripen before you can eat them, toss them in the freezer!
- Swap out the chocolate chips for chocolate chunks – or use both!
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
A number of factors, but these are the most important:
- Don’t over stir
- Use both butter and oil
- Don’t bake longer than 20 minutes
How do you get high domed muffins?
Use a jumbo or giant muffin tin and bake at a higher heat than usual. Experts say baking your muffins at 400F will do the trick.
What is the most popular muffin in the world?
Blueberry! Followed closely by Banana Nut and Chocolate Chip
What to serve with Bakery Style Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Crisp Bacon – Bacon goes with everything! 🙂
- Creamery butter
- Jams, marmalades and jellies
Variations of this recipe
- Add finely chopped walnuts for more crunch!
- Use banana extract instead of vanilla extract
- Use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or mini chocolate chips
- Add some frosting? Our Cream Cheese Frosting is amazing.
What was my inspiration for this recipe?
Bananas. Lots and lots of frozen bananas!
And everyone loves a freshly baked muffin, right?
I also had lots of chocolate chips leftover from our recipe for McDonald’s Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This is the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe and I know it will become your favorite too!
If you bake these scrumptious muffins and love the recipe as much as I think you will please give it a 5 star rating and leave a comment below!
THANKS SO MUCH for following and being part of the Pie Lady Bakes community where you will find easy dessert recipes that will make everyone feel cozy. Especially you!
If you haven’t already joined, here is the link where you can sign up for my weekly e-mail newsletter. This way, you won’t miss any of my new recipes and it’s absolutely free!
Bye for now!
Hey Rockstar Baker! Show your superpowers!
BAKERY STYLE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN RECIPE
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 5 overripe bananas mashed
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray or line 1 jumbo muffin pan and place it close to your baking work space.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and mix just until combined. Use a whisk to mix it all up. (I personally like chunks of bananas in my muffins, but if you don’t, mix until smooth.)
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the wet ingredients and stir only until mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon (a ¼ measuring cup works really well!) pour the muffin batter into each muffin cup, filling until full.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before you take them out and place them on a separate cooling rack.
- Just a note of caution - you won’t be able to resist the heavenly aroma and will likely eat one before they cool!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week, or freeze in a zippered freezer bag!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Want more muffins?
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.